An image scanner, sometimes simply referred to as a scanner, converts pictures and documents into a digital image. It is very convenient when you want quickly share information or digitally upload a file to your system. Although most printers and scanner are compatible with many devices sometimes there may be software or technical issues that prevent devices from scanning. Setting up a new printer on your HP computer can be tricky, and you may need to call the HP Tech Support Phone Number for technical assistance.
One of the biggest plus points of scanning is that you can save digital copies of all your important documents and keep them safe on your computer. But if you have not installed the scanner or printer correctly your HP computer may not recognize the device and you will not be able to scan the documents or images you want. But don’t worry here are some simple suggestions on how to enable scan on your HP computer.
Steps to enable scan to HP computers
Although it is quite easy to scan documents or images to a computer there are certain settings and system requirements that need to be in place before you can enable scan to HP computers. You should also make sure all the connecting cables between the printer and the scanner are secure. Once this is done, here are some steps you can follow to activate scan to computers on your HP device:
- Depending on the scanner you are using, certify if all the system requirements are in place.
- Go to the official product website, enter the scanner/printer model number and download the full feature driver for the printer.
- When the file is downloaded double-click and install it on your system
- Follow the prompts and setup instructions given on the screen to connect the printer and scanner.
- When the prompt appears requesting which software to install, select HP Scan
- Complete the installation by clicking on ‘Finish
- Now click on the printer icon on your desktop, which will take you to the HP printer Assistance page
- Go to the Scan menu and select ‘Manage Scan to Computer’. Click ‘Enable’ if the option is disabled.
- You must remember to checkmark the prompt asking to ‘Automatically start Scan to Computer when I log on to Windows’.
If you could not complete any of the steps mentioned above you should Contact HP Support Number to resolve any issue. You can speak to a trained expert who is available 24 hours a day to provide you with quality technical assistance whenever you need it.