The blog stays confined to the issues with the HP printer not able to print the PDF files from the Adobe Reader. The steps that will be discussed further are completely specific to the Adobe reader and not any other Adobe product. If you are facing issues with products such as Adobe Acrobat, then take the help from Adobe Help center to in order to resolve the issue. This kind of issue usually occurs when the printer has not been connected to the system properly, the printer driver software is not receiving the commands or when there have been errors with the Adobe Reader software. Take a look at the steps and different scenarios that have been given below and implement the same accordingly.
Step 1- Uninstall the software and then install it back again.
- You are require to download Adobe Reader’s latest version.
- Go to the Windows start menu and click on all programs.
- Select the option of Adobe reader and from the drop-down menu, click to delete the software.
- If a message stating User Account control gets displayed, then click on yes.
- Once the software gets uninstalled, move to the next step.
- After that close the running programs and windows and restart the system.
- Now from the default browser, search for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and download the software again and install it in the system.
- Then try printing the PDF document
- If the issue is not resolved, move to the next step.
Step 2- Altering the default program
- Ensure that the Adobe reader has been set as the default program in Windows 7, 8, 10 and Vista to view the PDF files.
- If even after making it as a default program, the issue exists, move to the next step.
Step 3- Printing the PDF files from the HP Smart App.
This application will work on the system with the Windows 10 version. If you have that, then use to the app to print the pdf files.
- Open the HP smart app from the Windows store and install the application in the system if not previously installed.
- Once installed, the application will search for the printer. If only one printer has been connected, then the printer will get connected.
- But if there is more than one printer, then you need to select the printer icon and choose your printer from the list.
- Now from the HP smart app, click to print the document.
- Search for the PDF file which you wish to print and do the needful.
Step 4- Printing with a different PDF file
This is done in order to see if the issue lies with that particular file or there is some another technical glitch.
- Close the existing PDF file that you wish to print and open any PDF document for test printing purposes.
- If the file gets printed, you need to make some changes in the PDF files.
- Make sure that the printer has at least 2MB of RAM to print at the speed of 300 dpi and to print at the speed of 600 dpi, the RAM should be 4-6 MB.
Step 5- Printing the PDF as an image
This will lead to hazy and blurred prints, but you can try it in a matter of urgency.
- Click to open the PDF file which you wish to print
- Press Control and P key together to give the print command.
- The print window will open and from that select Advanced.
- Now choose the option of Print as image and also do the other settings which are required.
- Click on Okay and print the image
Step 6- Some other things that you can try
If none of the given steps that are given work, then here are a few different methods which will help you to print the pdf file.
- The PDF file name should not contain any special characters such as # & * @ ( ). If there exists one, just rename the file.
- You can also download the PDF again.
- If you were trying to print from a wired printer, then try once from a wireless printer.
- Copy the PDF file to the hard drive and then print again.
- Also, the system needs to have enough disk space in order to print a file.
- You can also close other programs and windows on your system when printing the files.
You can also get in touch with HP Customer Service Phone Number in order to get the guidelines and help for the issue that has been stated above. They will be able to help you out with the situation if none of the given solutions work.