Sometimes antivirus programs will block or not allow certain programs or files to get downloaded as a means to protect the computer from malicious software and downloaded threats. Avast has been known to detect ‘potentially unwanted programs’ which aren’t unwanted in some cases which means the program isn’t a threat for certain cases. It also detects ‘false positives’ which means that even though the program is safe, it is being detected as unsafe by Avast. Which is of course quite routine for the antivirus software as it does not allow any program that it suspects to be malicious to enter the system. And hence Avast will block any kind of programs or application it thinks is dangerous or harmful to your PC or device. If you want to know more about this problem and the type of programs or application it blocks, you can contact Avast customer service number. And if you want to know what you can do when such an issue arises, you can follow this blog.
There are certain methods you can practice when Avast is blocking certain programs or games from installing. Pay attention to the methods described below to understand what you can do to solve this problem.
- You can add the blocked program or website to the Exclusion list.:This method ensures that you can access these websites and programs without having the need to disable your antivirus.
- Go to settings on your Avast home screen and select ‘general’ under this.
- Under this, you will find the ‘exclusions’ tab, open it to add specific programs to the ‘file path’.
- And for websites, click on the ‘URL’ tab and proceed.
- You must temporarily disable Avast:If Avast isn’t allowing you to install any programs you can try and disable the antivirus software until the time the installation is complete. After that, you can resume the protection and continue. You can do this by going to ‘protection’ on your Avast program and selecting ‘core shield’ and disabling it.
- Your Operating System needs to be upgraded: Avast might sometimes block certain games or application from working or getting installed if your Operating system is not in its latest version. So in order to access the installation of such programs and application, you must check for available Operating System updates and install it immediately.
These are some of the methods you could try when your Avast software block programs from running or getting installed. If you are still plagued by the same problem, you can consult the experts at Avast technical support number.