QuickBooks users when try to open it they may face a problem QuickBooks has stopped working and this may cause lag in your system and may not respond to any command. This error occurs in the system when you try to open the QuickBooks. In this blog, we will discuss why this error occurs in computer and give solution for that.
These are some big reasons why the QuickBooks stopped working:
- Your companies name is too much longer than required.
- Due to the interaction of the malware the corrupt Hard Drive Disk.
- The operating system of your system is damaged or not working properly.
- Your computer may have missing or damaged INI file.
- Your computer may have to face the installation error.
- Your system may have some damaged drivers and programs.
How to fix the “QuickBooks has stopped working” error:
1) Rename the QBWUSER.INI file
- You can change the name of the INI file (This process will delete all the previously opened company files so it will require you to reopen the company files manually).
- For renaming the QBWUSER.INI file you find the folder where this file is stored. In case if you can’t find the folder enable all the hidden files and folders to find it.
- Rename the QBWUSER.INI file and put .OLD in the name (e.g. QBWUSER.INI.OLD)
- Remember to rename the ecml file too.
- If the program starts working after the renaming of the INI and EntitlementDataStored.ecml file then check if you can open the sample company files.
- If you can open the sample files but can’t open the company files then try to relocate the company files into a different folder (prefer a local folder)
- If the company files open from the new location then the issue may be occurring due to the damaged folder and folder permissions.
- If you still can’t open the company files, then check if the company files are Try to get the old company files from the backup.
- If you are still unable to open the company files then the issue might be some other issue.
2) You can download and use the QuickBooks Diagnostic tool (QBinstall tool)
- Download this tool and save the file where the QuickBooks is installed.
- Run the QBinstall tool after closing all the running application on your computer.
- Restart the computer to ensure that all the windows component are updated.
3) Temporarily disable your Antivirus and reboot your computer.
4) Ensure that you are using the latest version of the QuickBooks this can resolve your issues.
5) You can create a new windows admin and create a new admin user for QuickBooks.
6) You can open the company file from a different folder location (If other files or sample file do open)
- For this, first of all, you need to Press Windows + E Keyon your keyboard in order to open the Computer window.
- Then find the data file by searching it, which have a.qbw file
- When searching for a file that is located on a network server, browse to the network drive on which the data file is located
- Select Copy after finding your company file.
- After you go to your C: Drive Now, Make a new folder here
- Name this folder as QBTEST
- Now Open the new QBTEST folder
- Paste the company file here
- Now, Open QuickBooks while holding the CTRL key simultaneously
- Select restore “an Existing Company” through the C:\QBTEST folderthat you have created.
- Finally, open the company file that you copied in the QBTEST
Get Quickbooks Customer Service Contact information for Quick Help.