Sometimes an error occur in the dell laptops with an error code 2000-0146, this error is generally connected to the HDD of the laptop. Basically this error occurs when you try to boot your device. When the error 2000-0146 shows in your device all the other software applications of your system stops working and your whole system freezes. One of the main reason for the error 2000-0146 is when your HDD gets corrupted then it won’t allow you to do your tasks. Dell Diagnostics error codes.
These are Some Reasons for The Error Code 2000-0146:
- When the HDD of your laptop is corrupted due an interaction with virus this error may occur in your laptop.
- When the voltage drop in your power supply fluctuates time to time. To solve this issue you can use a UPS as an intermediate to charge your laptop and don’t directly connect it to the power supply. UPS will manage the fluctuating power supply and save it from any damage.
- Most of the users don’t disconnect their laptops even when their laptop is fully charged. This is another main reason for error 2000-0146. So as a user u should see when your laptop is fully charged and unplug it from the power supply.
How to Fix The Dell Error Code 2000-0146?
- Full scan your laptop to check if any virus is causing some problems and remove every possible virus corruption. There are many third party antivirus software you can use to remove the virus or you can use the Windows in-built antivirus, Windows defender to full scan the laptop.
- For using Defender you go to the Start and type Defender and double click on the Windows Defender to run the tool. In the left hand side click on the shield icon and go the advance scan and launch the full system malware scan.
- You can go to the BIOS settings to check if the HDD is changed from SATA Drive to AHCI SATA. If yes, then change it to SATA drive.
- After all this save the settings.
- You should backup your data because sometimes your laptop asks you to format and install system on hard disk again.
- You can boot the drive in the safe mode. For entering into the safe mode press F8 repeatedly while booting the drive.
- Some solutions given above can only work if the drive is still can work. If your system can’t perform any task then you don’t have any other option expect changing the HDD. for more help Contact Dell Toll Free Number.