Error codes are generally the combination of numbers and alphabets. They can stand alone too depending on the type of error it is indicating. The errors in Dell printer occur due to technical issues and every error has its own reason and cause behind it. One of the issues that can occur with Dell Printer is error code 016-302. It is basically a snag which is related to the printer driver software. Whenever this error gets displayed on the screen, a prompt is generated which asks the users to restart the computer. The technical message which this error code encounters for is “CPU illegal exception”. If you are the one who has encountered this error, then there is no need to fret as this blog will provide you with some methods that you can apply. Just make sure that you follow the steps in the given order. And if after trying these steps, you find that the error has not been fixed, then you can take the option of dialing the Dell Printer Support.
Step 1- Disconnect the data cable and then start the printer again:
- Turn off the Dell printer
- Disconnect all the cables and wireless adaptors
- Now switch back the printer without connecting any cables.
Step 2- Clearing the printer Queue
- When a command is given to a printer, even though it is not printing, the device accepts the command and the task gets recorded in the printer queue option.
- Go to ‘Services’ in Windows and then click on Printer Spooler.
- After that choose the option to ‘Stop’.
- Reconnect the cables back again.
- Give the print command to see whether the error has been fixed or not.
- If multiple computers are attached to the printer, then delete all the tasks in the printer queue and then proceed further.
Step 3- Installing the printer driver software once again.
- First, uninstall the current printer driver.
- Go to the official website of Dell
- Search for the printer driver software which is compatible with the OS.
- Download and install the updated printer driver in the system.
If the steps are complete in the given order of preference, then you will be able to get rid of this error. But if the error continues to get displayed, then getting in touch with the Dell Support Contact Number can be seen as an option to avail instant support on this matter.