Users come across the need to replace the HP color ink cartridges when the ink cartridges are out of ink. Once the users refill or replace the cartridge, they would then need to reset the cartridge. It is a mandatory step that the users must follow to avoid any malfunction. There is a small chip that every HP color cartridges have, which is essential to communicate with the printer. This is the chip that informs the users that the ink in the cartridge is about to finish. Once you manually reset the chip, you can refill the used cartridge, and this would save the users a lot of money. When you reset the ink cartridge, it would also resolve the issue of your printer constantly warning you of low ink levels. The user can learn more about this issue by going through this entire blog; they also have the option of connecting with HP Customer Care Number. They would be able to understand the issue in more detail by talking to the professionals at customer care.
Method of resetting HP cartridges 57, 28 and 22
- When you have refilled the cartridge, you would then have to take a look at the bottom of the cartridge. You would then be able to see six copper contact strips below.
- Now keep the cartridge in such a way that the copper strips are facing you.
- You would then have to put a piece of tape on the top of the contact in the second column.
- When you have put the tape, place the cartridge into the printer again.
- You would have to ignore the error message which is being displayed and then prints a test page.
- Then remove the cartridge from the printer and leave the tape on it.
- Further, add another tape over the top contact of the sixth row.
- Again you would have to put the cartridge back in the printer and then while ignoring the error message print a test page.
- Finally, remove the cartridge from the printer and then do away with all the tape that you have put.
- When you finally put the ink cartridge back in the printer, the ink level would be displayed as full.
Method of resetting HP cartridges 45 and 15
- Most of the instructions that you would have to follow are as mentioned above, but there are also some important changes that the users must look after.
- The users would first have to examine the refilled cartridge.
- You would now have to stick tape over the top four contacts in the first column.
- After that, you would have to place the cartridge into the printer properly. You would receive the error message which you should ignore and print a test page.
- Then remove the cartridge from the printer and then remove the tape.
- You would then have to place another tape over the top four contacts of the sixth row.
- Now redo the steps where you place the cartridge and then print the test page.
- When this step is done, remove the cartridge from the printer and remove the tape.
- When you reinstall the ink cartridge, the ink level would be displayed as ‘Full.’
If you face any issue while following the steps given, you would have the option of connecting with HP Contact Number. The professionals at this service would ensure that the issue is resolved at the earliest.