Laptop adapters tend to go bad or stop working overtime with age, overheating and software problems. But this is very common as it is bound to perish one day or the other. But sometimes it may stop working before it even reaches its warranty period, so when you find immature problems with the adapter you must take care of it immediately. These issues are very common with Dell adapters and it is experienced by almost every Dell laptop customer around the globe. And the adapter is necessary if you want to use your laptop for a long period of time. You will know when this problem happens as your charger will show sign like ‘unable to charge the laptop’, ‘the LEDs do not light up’ etc. So if you ever notice these symptoms, you must immediately take care of it. If you would like to know how you can resolve this problem on your own, you can refer to this blog. Or you can also contact Dell customer care number if you want to take reference from a more reliable source.
Before you implement the advanced steps, first inspect the charger and make sure it is not spoilt. Check if the cables are frayed or if the wires are exposed. If you see that the cable has been damaged you need to purchase a new adapter or charger. But if the cables and wires are all perfect, then you may do one of the methods below.
Method 1: Disconnect the charger and connect it again.
- First, you need to power off your laptop then unplug the adapter as well as the battery.
- Now drain the remaining power by pressing the power button for a while.
- Now assemble the adapter and the battery again and turn on the laptop and see if it helps.
Method 2: Try another wall socket.
It could be possible that the wall socket that you are using to charge the laptop has gone bad. To verify it, plug in the adapter to another wall socket and see if your adapter is working.
Method 3: Try reinstalling the battery driver.
Sometimes using the wrong battery driver can cause this problem. so if that’s the case, follow the steps below:
- Firstly you need to download the Driver Easy tool.
- Then open it and click on ‘tools’ and select ‘driver uninstall’.
- Open ‘system devices’ and choose ‘batteries’ from this option.
- After you have selected batteries, click on ‘Microsoft ACPI- Compliant Control Method Battery and click ‘uninstall’.
- After it has been uninstalled, close the program and restart the laptop.
May also read:- Dell Inspiron n5110 Power Issue
Method 4: Conduct a BIOS update.
This software is responsible for the connection of the operating system and its hardware devices. And incorrect BIOS setting can give rise to adapter issues, so make sure to update the BIOS software and see if it fixes the problem.
These are some of the methods or solutions you can try to resolve adapter problems in Dell laptops. However, if the problem still remains, you can contact Dell laptop support phone number.