The password is a unique set of alphabets or numbers which is used to protect any account, the account can be any like Facebook, Twitter or an email account. Sometimes the account is hacked, compromised and gets disable when the person doesn’t use it for a long time, then one should not take chances with the account information by keeping a simple password which can be a cakewalk for any other person to guess but it should not be so hard that the user forgets its own password. ATT Mail service also requires a login ID and password. There are simple and easy steps to be followed to recover the ATT Mail password but if the user is not able to retrieve the password then the concerned must contact the ATT Email customer support number, which is the option of last resort. To recover the ATT Mail Password, the user needs to follow the steps given below:
Recovery through email ID:
- Open the internet browser and then open ATT Mail page.
- Sign in by using the email ID.
- After putting the email ID, click on ‘forget the password’.
- A new window will appear soon after clicking on forget the password which asks the user’s name and address.
- The user needs to select the email password recovery options.
- Recovery options will appear on the screen, so click on the security questions.
- The user is asked to enter the CAPTCHA.
- Security questions will appear on the screen and the user has to answer all the questions correctly for which he/she provided the information during sign up.
- Change the password option appear and one can generate a new unique and strong password.
- Click on the continue button after resetting the password.
Recovery through phone number:
The password can also be recovered by entering the phone number which was provided during sign up. The steps to recover the password through phone number are as follows:
- The user needs to Sign in by using the email ID.
- Then Click on ‘forget the password’ and then enter the phone number provided at the time of sign up.
- An OTP would be generated and sent to the registered mobile number.
- The user has to verify the OTP and open the link to reset the password.
- Create a new password and click on the continue
May also read:- ATT Email Password Reset Not Working
So, at last, the password is recovered by following these simple steps but sometimes there can be an error while answering the security questions, it is possible that user did not update the information as the account was not used for a long time then account got disabled. Nothing to worry as the ATT Email Support Number is available around the clock and provides the best support service to its user.